Friday, December 3, 2010

How to get to Labuan

My goodness, you won't believe how i thought that i almost die in this trip but it was actually safe.
There are a few ways of going to Labuan from Kota Kinabalu.

First, KK, DBKK KK Court -- (Bus)-- Menumbuk -- (Speed boat) -- Labuan [2.5hours bus + 15 minutes speed boat]
Second, KK, Jesselton port -- ( Ferry) -- Labuan. [3 hours plus]
Both ways are at reasonably price but both had their own disadvantage

First route was risky because the Speed boat is quite dangerous because it sail across the rough sea. There were times i thought i am going to just drown if the speed boat overturn.

You can catch this bus early in the morning at 6.30am. Be sure to reach there at 6am so you could get the desire bus time table that you want. They had 6.20am, 6.45pm and so on.
Bus fee : RM14


Upon reaching Menumbok you had two ways to reach to Labuan.


Jump into a small speed boat and pray that you don't drown. RM15


Hoop into a car ferry and pray that the time move faster because it will take at least 1.5 hours to reach.
Whereas the speed boat is just 15 minutes. Price not sure

Second Route was the worst transportation i ever had in my life that almost take my life too. Now the different between two route is, one kill you fast, one kill you slowly for 3 hours. You can get sea sick easily. They got ferry everyday from KK to Labuan earliest by 8am i think.

I didn't manage to take any picture of the express ferry because i was so sea sick that i could barely move. I could't even fight back when my friends are pranking and mocking me.

Pay RM39 for the first class which meant nothing for those that would easily get sea sick.
You can get the express ferry from Jesselton port, Kota Kinabalu





Conclusion, if you think you won't easily got sea sick person, just take the route 2. If you love the risk and the fear of dying, take route 1. I took both but i am going to stick with route 1. Taking route 2 is like taking owns life and suck my own soul out. I was so dreadful until i got no energy to resist my friend's pranking or mocking on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment